Friday, July 7, 2017

Calling all campers!

Hi, I'm Bri! I'm one of your counselors for Creek Camp. I am an Environmental Science major on the engineering track. I love being in the creek and finding all types of critters. My favorite would be the case building caddisfly larvae (oh don't worry I will tell you all about these)(look at the picture below)!! We have an amazing week prepared for you! You are going to meet lots of new people from places all around the United States.


















As the time for Creek Camp is quickly approaching, I will share some tips with you. It is very important for the campers to bring sturdy close-toed water shoes/sandals. They must secure to your feet. We will be kick netting and walking in rocky creeks, so these shoes are a must. We will be in and out of the water every day, often multiple times a day. We suggest Keen shoes (pictured below) which can be found at a local Columbia outlet or Walmart. Please NO flip flops (only for the shower)!! Furthermore, please DO NOT feel like you must spend a bunch of money on water shoes! Old sneakers will work.
I am so excited to meet all of you! We hope that you are excited to learn about the French Creek and all the aquatic macro-invertebrates that live within it! Make sure that you are well rested and ready for an adventure! And don't forget to check your packing list!



See you soon campers!

No comments: